ASTM D6648 • AASHTO T313
|Integral stainless steel frictionless construction
|In-line stainless steel with blunt point
| Variable test range from 0 to 200g standard System maintains required test load within
±0.5g throughout the test cycle
|Test Cycle Times
|Cycle times for pre-load, recovery, and test load are completely operator-adjustable
|Mechanical Overload Protection
|Calibrated and traceable to NIST
|25mm (0.98 in.) diameter stainless steel spaced 4.00 in. (101.6mm) apart
|LVDT Displacement Transducer
| 0.25 in. (6.35mm) calibrated range to provide 2um resolution throughout testing and verification
| Large on-screen display of load, displacement, and bath temperature provides ease of setup
and operation. Real-time displacement, loading, and temperature graphs are displayed
during the test cycle and can be re-plotted and re-scaled as needed for easy viewing
|Included (non-CFC refrigerant)
|Recommended Cooling Bath Fluid
|Non-flammable ethylene glycol mixture
|Ambient to -40°F (-40°C)
|115VAC 50/60Hz Standard 230VAC 50Hz Optional
|Compressed Air Requirements
|50 psi (0.34 MPa) clean, dry air supply required
|Approximate Shipping Weight
|250 lbs. (115kg)
- Used to perform flexural tests on asphalt binder and similar specimens per ASTM and AASHTO.
- These tests, initially developed by the Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP), consist of a constant force being applied to a specimen in a chilled fluid bath in order to derive specific rates of deformation at various temperatures.
- It consists of a fluid bath base unit, a three-point bend test apparatus which is easily removed from the base unit for specimen loading and unloading, an external cooling unit with temperature controller, and a calibration hardware kit with carrying case.
- Additionally, the Bending Beam Rheometer has recently been redesigned according to the latest revisions of the relevant ASTM and AASHTO specifications. This new design includes updated and improved software as well as Özellikler that make the Bending Beam Rheometer safer, easier, and more accurate.
- Recording of data points is now twice as accurate (two readings per second as opposed to one).
- For verification that seating loads were within specifications, a graph shows the pre-load results before the initial tests and can be viewed Dijitally at a later time.
- The pre-test mode includes continuous contact between the loading shaft, anvils, and speci- men, and the applying and reapplying of 35mN and 980mN of force.
- All test parameters can be changed, so any future revisions to the ASTM/AASHTO Standarts can be accommodated.
- The data acquisition system records all raw data points, test specimen/setup data, and the test report in Standart ASCII files that can be recalled, printed, veya imported into other soft- ware packages for further analysis veya custom reporting.
- Constant system error checking ensures that the correct parameters have been set prior to test initiation, so specimens are not accidentally destroyed before running the test.