- The Electrical Density Gauge (EDG) is a nuclear-free alternative for determining the moisture and density of compacted soils used in road beds and foundations.
- The EDG is a portable, battery-powered instrument capable of being used anywhere without the concerns and regulations associated with nuclear safety.
- Its user-friendly, step-by-step menu guides the user through each step of the testing procedure and cautions the user when values do not correspond to established curves for the material being tested.
- Easy-to-use, the EDG can be used as a construction aid to monitor day-to-day compaction operations by providing performance and measurement results highly comparable to those achieved with traditional methods, including the nuclear gauge and/or a sand-cone and oven moisture test combination.
- When conducting a test, the EDG measures and displays the results for wet and dry density, gravimetric moisture content and percent compaction.