- Used to measure the electrical resistivity of concrete specimens in the laboratory, using the same pecimens prepared for Compressive Strength Test. The electrical resistivity is correlated well with important durability parameters such as permeability, diffusivity and in general the micro-structure characteristics of concrete.
- Unique device for investigating the micro-structural properties of concrete including:
- Diffusion of chloride in concrete
- Rebar corrosion in concrete
- Setting time of fresh concrete
- Moisture transfer in concrete
- Curing of concrete
- Cathodic protection design
- Fast (measurement time is less than 5 seconds), accurate and flexible. It allows for continuous measurement of electrical resistivity over time, which can be used to monitor several other parameters such as cracking, moisture transfer and time of setting in concrete specimens.